|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Serves|
|15 min||45 min||60 min||12|
2 cups of Spelt Flour
2 table spoons of Coconut oil
2 table spoons of Sugar or Honey
1 cup of Coconut milk
Fruit layer2 mangos - well riped
Poppy seed layer
2 cups milled Poppy seed
1 cup honey
1/4 cups of coconut oil
Almond milk powder (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for dough together. You want it pretty smooth
- Put dough to pan (I usually use baking paper)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are slighthy golden
- Remove from oven and let cool for few minutes
- Make a puree from peeled mangos in food procesor. Then place mango puree over the dough.
- Mix all ingredients for Poppy seed layer together and place it over the mange layer.
- Then place cake back to the over for other 30 minutes or until top is slighty golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for few minute. Then you can decorate your cake with any shape and with Almond milk powder.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.
I decide to decorate it with hearts, because I make this cake for my husband :)
Here you can see layers....
This cake recipe is funny, becaue I hate Poppy seed.. I never eat it :))) But my husband love it so much, so I create this recipe for him as a birthday cake :-) And because he also loves mangos, I put them into cake too.
Poppy seeds are great source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. Also great source of dietary fiber. 100 g raw seeds provide 19.5 g or 51% of recommended daily levels (RDA) of fiber.